Shu Ying The Blogger, Online Streaming, Social Media Tricks, Reviews, Market Research And More: 2 Days 1 Night in Gleneagles Hospital (part2)

Sunday, May 3, 2009

2 Days 1 Night in Gleneagles Hospital (part2)

Sorry for not writing this story for so long.. The story still remains fresh in my mind it seems like it just happened yesterday.

I was having a total trouble with my grandmother. I had a hard time communicate with her just because I couldn't understand her language or hokkien slang. I tried every single sign language to talk to her but she/I still cannot understand what were us expressing to each other. But the best part was I didn't understand what on earth she was scolding me because I couldn't understand what she was talking about, so wont feel hurt when she scolded me.

It seems that we both were from two total different worlds, one talking in mandarin and can only listen to mandarin while the other one can only understand and talk in hokkien... haiz...

What a miserable day... In the morning I kept on calling my father and mother who can talk hokkien to her, I on my hp loudspeaker so she wont feel boring..My mom really did a great translation job for me..the mechanism was I let grandma talk to my mom and my mom translated her statement in mandarin.. Thanks a lot for the Digi family package which my father subscribed which let me talk to my parents with no charge at all.

Then the breakfast came. She asked me to finish all the food as she lost the appetite to eat... this is a very common problem among the elderly - anorexia(no appetite to eat).

I stuffed everything inside my mouth but left aside the bowl of quarter boiled egg (still very raw and smelly). So, what I did? I put into a plastic bag without being spotted by her(she was sleeping that time), silently tip toed to the toilet.Threw the egg into the toiled bowl and of course I threw the plastic into the dustbin. Finally, FLUSH! TaDa!

She checked the bowl and cup whether I finished the food (she didn't like people wasting food). She felt satisfied and went back to sleep.I was eagerly waiting for my dad and aunt to come and fetch her... I call my dad many times.. to make sure that he was on his way to here because I can't wait to go home.

Furthermore I feel pity of grandma having no 'companion' to talk with... and she also didn't like the surrounding of the hospital, she scared of nurse whom forced her to wear diaper and forced her to shower..etc. In fact she didn't even know she was in a hospital... How can I proof this? Well, at night she asked me whether everybody was inside the house and lock the door.. Then I replied yes, the door was locked and everybody was inside. Then, she slept (she was fast asleep).'I heard the snoring'.

Eventually at about 11am, I felt a surge of relief when my aunt and father came to bring her home.Nurses wheel chaired her to my father's car which parked right in front of the main entrance. My aunt and dad using all their effort to lift grandma to the car seat. I just can stand aside and watch them helplessly... 'what can I do?' I seat in another car which my uncle drove me home. 'What a fantastic experience!'

No comments:

Recommeded

What Laboratory of Product Invention, Product Innovation Suppose To Look Like?

 The ways people find out what products to announce, introduce next to the public is what this laboratory is all about. People used to ask w...